Things can go bump in the night... or day. Adding a skid plate and other protective devices is a very common mod on the DR650.
Links that can help Edit
- Pat Walsh DR650 Skid Plate - Use coupon code DR650WIKI (all caps) for $10 off the Pat Walsh DR650 Skid Plate.
- Suzuki's optional skid plate item # 24 P/N 42500-32810
- UtahSportcycle's DR650 Bash Plate
- Turbo City's DR650 Guarding options
- B&B bashplate (Australia) http://www.bboffroad.com.au/dr_6501.htm
- Whipps bashplate (Australia) http://whipps.com.au/motorcycle-accessories
- Advanced Motorcycle Products' side case guards - these guards are $30 per side, plus $45 for the billet machined oil filter cover or $100 for the set of 3. The guards are brush finish with no logo and are glued on with user provided RTV.
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case armor to protect your engine cases. These case guards bond to your clutch cover and stator cover with high-temp silicone not included
- Maier front disc guard.
- A well designed, strong and lightweight bash plate made in South Africa It gives full protection to the frame cradle and sump as well as to the footpeg mounting bolts and rear suspension cushion lever. It also protects the alternator and oil filter housings and prevents branches and tall grass getting caught behind the gearshift and brake lever.
- 'SW-MOTECH aluminum engine guard/skidplate (Suzuki DR650SE, '96-) - Constructed of 3mm-thick (1/8"-thick) aluminum for heavy-duty, light-weight protection. Baseplate includes side protectors that wrap around the engine block to provide both bottom and side protection. Available in bare aluminum only.'
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.